Hello friends! Today I am sharing the DIY tutorial for the Radiant Rhinestone Belt kit I designed for Wander & Hunt. It’s a fun little project with maximum impact, and you can place your stones however you like to get totally different looks. (My version is less symmetrical and more random, as you can see.) Here’s how:
Radiant Rhinestone Belt Kit from Wander & Hunt (ribbon base, felt, glue, a skewer, rhinestones) / scissors / open flame / needle & thread / foil (not pictured)
1. I found it was easiest to squeeze some glue onto a piece of foil, and dip the skewer in it, but you can also use the precision tip included in the kit to apply the glue.
Place some glue onto the back of a rhinestone.
2. Position the rhinestone on the felt. The skewer helps in positioning here.
3. Add more rhinestones as you like, working out from the center.
4. When you are satisfied with the rhinestone placement, cut the felt close to the rhinestones.
5. Place some glue down the center of the back of the felt.
Press the felt piece onto the center of your ribbon.
6. For added security, use a needle and thread to hand-tack any edges or areas that might need stabilization.
7. Cut off both ends of the ribbon at an angle, and use an open flame to heat-seal them.
8. (Optional) Use some more glue to secure on more rhinestones along the ribbon for added embellishment.
And that’s it! Pretty easy, right?
I love this cinched over a simple dress or top; it really adds a beautiful and chic dimension to any basic in your wardrobe. This kit is only $29 (with FREE Worldwide Standard Shipping) – so it’s way more affordable than a rhinestone belt found at any store.
Buy the DIY Radiant Rhinestone Belt Kit from Wander & Hunt