DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin Purse

3.14.2014

DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin PurseWhile I was in Tokyo last year, I picked up another felt macaron coin purse kit. (I think I’m a little addicted!)

DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin PurseI made a cute little half-and-half cookie macaron coin purse the year before, and within 6 hours of hanging it from my handbag, I promptly lost it somewhere on the streets of Tokyo. I did look for it, but never found it. (T _ T)

DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin PurseSo the next time I went I intended to buy another kit and re-make the purse…except I couldn’t find the same kit again. So I bought a chocolate chip cookie version.  DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin PurseHere are photos of the process of making these cute little purses. You need yellow and brown felt, a thread and needle, a 5cm-long zipper, 2 pieces of stiff cardboard (like cut from a milk carton), some fiberfill stuffing, scissors, a pencil, brown eyeshadow, and a small ball chain to make these.) DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin PurseHope you like it! Have fun making your own version DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin Purse
DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin Purse
Happy DIY’ing!

xo

Filed in: Accessories, DIY, How-To, Japan, Keychains, My DIYs, Tokyo Style

Tags: crafts, macaron coin purse, My DIY Tutorials

6 Comments on DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin Purse

1. Pat schwab
    3.15.2014 at 8:18 pm (7 months ago)

They look delicious. How is your mom doing? Hope your having a good weekend.

3.17.2014 at 5:48 pm (7 months ago)

Thanks so much, Pat! She is doing better, thanks; she’s gaining more strength and better use of her right leg. Walking slowly with a cane, but at least she is mobile. She now has a home health care worker who will help her, and a helper to do the cleaning etc, so I am flying back to the US today! It’s been a whirlwind trip. Thanks for your kind thoughts :-)

2. therese
    4.12.2014 at 1:26 am (7 months ago)

Thanks for posting this tutorial. It’s super cute and looks edible too. God bless you.

4.14.2014 at 5:07 pm (6 months ago)

You’re welcome, Therese – so glad you like it! I was surprised too at how realistically it turned out. Thanks for the visit :-)

3. Susan
    10.06.2014 at 5:48 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hello,
    I think these little purses are adorable. I would call it The Chewbit, as it is a play on the Japenese Anime, Chobits and, as a cookie, it looks sweet enough to eat.
    Please continue to show these wonderful creations.
    Sincerely,
    Susan

10.06.2014 at 8:13 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hi Susan, thanks so much for the comment! That is such a cute play on words – I like Chewbits very much :-) I had no idea anyone particularly cared about this tutorial. Well, I shall have to go and make some more to share, then! Stay tuned!