DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin Purse

0.diychocolatechipcookiepurse_introphotoWhile I was in Tokyo last year, I picked up another felt macaron coin purse kit. (I think I’m a little addicted!)

34.macaroncoinpurseI made a cute little half-and-half cookie macaron coin purse the year before, and within 6 hours of hanging it from my handbag, I promptly lost it somewhere on the streets of Tokyo. I did look for it, but never found it. (T _ T)

diychocolatechipcookiepurse_done1So the next time I went I intended to buy another kit and re-make the purse…except I couldn’t find the same kit again. So I bought a chocolate chip cookie version.  diychocolatechipcookiepurse_done2Here are photos of the process of making these cute little purses. You need yellow and brown felt, a thread and needle, a 5cm-long zipper, 2 pieces of stiff cardboard (like cut from a milk carton), some fiberfill stuffing, scissors, a pencil, brown eyeshadow, and a small ball chain to make these.) diychocolatechipcookiepurse_howto_pinterestHope you like it! Have fun making your own version :-)
diychocolatechipcookiepurse_done3
Happy DIY’ing!

xo

6 Comments on DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Macaron Coin Purse

1. Pat schwab
    3.15.2014 at 8:18 pm (1 year ago)

They look delicious. How is your mom doing? Hope your having a good weekend.

3.17.2014 at 5:48 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks so much, Pat! She is doing better, thanks; she’s gaining more strength and better use of her right leg. Walking slowly with a cane, but at least she is mobile. She now has a home health care worker who will help her, and a helper to do the cleaning etc, so I am flying back to the US today! It’s been a whirlwind trip. Thanks for your kind thoughts :-)

2. therese
    4.12.2014 at 1:26 am (1 year ago)

Thanks for posting this tutorial. It’s super cute and looks edible too. God bless you.

4.14.2014 at 5:07 pm (1 year ago)

You’re welcome, Therese – so glad you like it! I was surprised too at how realistically it turned out. Thanks for the visit :-)

3. Susan
    10.06.2014 at 5:48 pm (11 months ago)

Hello,
    I think these little purses are adorable. I would call it The Chewbit, as it is a play on the Japenese Anime, Chobits and, as a cookie, it looks sweet enough to eat.
    Please continue to show these wonderful creations.
    Sincerely,
    Susan

10.06.2014 at 8:13 pm (11 months ago)

Hi Susan, thanks so much for the comment! That is such a cute play on words – I like Chewbits very much :-) I had no idea anyone particularly cared about this tutorial. Well, I shall have to go and make some more to share, then! Stay tuned!