Bright, saturated colors and pretty pastels are dominating Spring trends for 2014. But after a few wears and washes, color fades, stains proliferate, and suddenly your beautiful pieces no longer have the same original luster. (There’s nothing less chic than old, faded, dingy-looking outfits.) How do you keep your clothing in the same chic condition as when it was new?
It’s actually quite easy to keep your favorite items bright and beautiful with an ounce of prevention. Clorox 2® Stain Fighter & Color Booster Packs use the power of hydrogen peroxide-not bleach-to keep colors looking vibrant with every wash. To keep your colored clothing looking bright long past its first wear:
- Add 1 pack of Clorox 2 Stain Fighter & Color Booster per load of laundry. (For large or extra-dirty loads use 2 packs.)
- Then add your favorite detergent and launder as usual!
- Before sticking your clothes in the dryer, make sure there are no remaining stains (since heat-drying can make stains permanent). If there are any stains…
The Clorox2® Pre-treat Stain Remover Pen helps to pre-treat and eradicate stains in an easy pen-like applicator. Here’s how:
- For tough stains, like wine coffee and grass, be sure to pre-treat. First, remove the garment: do not treat clothing while wearing it.
- Remove all loose dirt from the fabric and blot wet stains with a clean absorbent cloth.
- Squeeze the pen and apply liberally onto stain. Rub it in with the pen tip to cover the stain completely and replace cap when done.
- Wait 10 minutes, and then wash immediately with an all- or mostly all-colors load.
Whether you’re at home or on the go, the Clorox® myStain™ App for iPhone, iPad, and Android can give you tips and tricks to remove tough stains if you find yourself in a bind. (It’s always deodorant stains or chocolate stains that confound me!) I also want to make sure that every penny I sink into a clothing purchase, or time spent in a DIY, is worth it in the long run and that I can get a ton of use out of every piece in my wardrobe. How to keep items in your closet and in regular rotation as long as possible? Prevent color fading, and attack stains as soon as they occur!
Do you have any strategies for keeping your clothes clean and stain-free?
App image source
FTC Disclosure: I received a cardigan, a Clorox Stain Remover Pen, and Clorox 2 Stain Fighter & Color Booster Pack for review purposes from Clorox. I have received no monetary compensation for this post. The above opinions are my own. To read my full Disclosure Policy, click here.