Hello again, friends! I just couldn’t wait to share this chic and easy bangle bracelet project with all of you.
I am always drawn to rough, organic crystals and gemstones rather than perfectly-faceted pieces, and much of the jewelry available at Free People satisfies that sparkle-lust. I fell in love with this Crystal Flame Cuff by Vega Jewelry, but the $258 price tag was much more than I could afford. I realized I could easily make the same kind of look for a steal – hence this project. (And it’s so, so quick to whip up!!) Here’s how I made my newest FAVORITE bracelet:
bangle with open part at center / quartz crystal / flat suede cord / scissors / glue for metal/leather (pictured is E6000, but of course it is #$@$ and I had to switch to Loctite Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Adhesive since E6000 didn’t work AT ALL.) / Optional: gold leafing kit (not pictured)
*all my materials, except for the crystal, were found at Michael’s craft store.
1. Figure out the placing of your crystal. I liked the crack in the middle, and with the space in the bangle you should be able to partially “seat” your crystal in the bangle.
2.Squeeze a small amount of glue onto the end of the suede lacing cord.
3. Start by placing the lace into the underside of the bangle, allowing the glue to set for a minute.
4. Hold the end down and wrap around the crystal tightly.
5. Repeat a couple times (I found I liked 3 times around the crystal), then put a dab of glue on the underside of the cord again. Press the cord down until set.
6. Trim excess cord.
7. Repeat for the other side of the crystal.
8. Optional: For a more luxe look, use a metal leafing kit (glue + leafing) to adhere some gold to the top of the lacing, brushing off the excess with a soft brush.
And that’s it!
Pretty simple, huh? I have to say, it is a spectacular result!
I even made another bracelet, with some dyed quartz and brown suede (that I may add some silver leafing to later).
How gorgeous would these look stacked with other delicate bangles and bracelets??! Happy DIY’ing!
Filed in: Bracelets, Jewelry, My DIYs
Tags: bangle, Free People, My DIY Tutorials, quartz, Vega Jewelry