DIY Spike-End Bangles: 3 Ways

2.12.2013

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 WaysLately double-ended spike bangles are trending all over Pinterest and street-style photos: stacked with DIY friendship bracelets, pretty watches, stretchy beaded bracelets, and other metal bangles.  You could spend hundreds of dollars on even just one at Sarah Chloe or CC SkyeDIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways, for example. But they’re super-easy to DIY, and the results are amazing!  Try your hand at making your own with 3 different versions in these tutorials:

Version 1: Single Spike Bangle

You Need (materials pictured for all 3 bangles):DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways

ball-end bangle (also called European bangles, or beading bangles…you can find them at Michael’s or Jo-Ann’s…or online on Etsy)  / one 1″large cone spike

Tools: jewelry glue (or other glue specific to metals)

How To:

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways1. Twist off one of the ball ends of the bangle.

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways2. Pour some glue into the hole of the spike.

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways3. Push the spike onto the end of the bangle, working the glue around it and securing it.

4. Allow to dry 24+ hours until solidly attached.

Version 2: Double Spike Bangle

You Need:

ball-end bangle   /  2 small (size 13) matching cone spikes

Tools: pliers (optional)  /  jewelry glue (or other glue specific to metals)

How To:

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways1. Twist off both of the ball ends of the bangle – if 1 of them doesn’t come off, you may have to use the pliers to yank it off.

2. Pour some glue into the hole of each spike.

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways3. Push the spikes onto each end of the bangle, working the glue around it and securing it.  Because the spikes are small, the glue may spill out – so just wipe the surface off before it hardens.

4. Allow to dry 24+ hours until solidly attached.DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways

Version 3: Rhinestone Double Spike Bangle

You Need:

ball-end bangle  /  2 medium matching cone spikes  /  flat-back rhinestones (preferably Swarovski or Czech crystal at the very least…NOT plastic or acrylic rhinestones)

Tools: pliers (optional)  /  jewelry glue (or other glue specific to metals)  /  toothpick  /  foil

How To:

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways1. Twist off both of the ball ends of the bangle.

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways2. Add the rhinestones to the spikes: using a toothpick, dab a little glue onto the metal at the base of the spike.DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 WaysDIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways

3. Push the rhinestones into the glue, making a ring of rhinestones around the base of each spike.

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 WaysDIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways4. Allow the spikes to dry.

5. Pour some glue into the hole of each spike.

6. Push the spikes onto each end of the bangle, working the glue around it and securing it.  Because the spikes are small, the glue may spill out – so just wipe the surface off before it hardens.

7. Allow to dry 24+ hours until solidly attached.
DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways

And there you have it!  Wasn’t that easy?

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 WaysDIY Spike End Bangles: 3 WaysDIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways

Wear on their own, stacked together, or layered with other bracelets and jewelry for your very own edgy wrist fun!

DIY Spike End Bangles: 3 Ways

Happy DIY’ing!

xo

Filed in: Bracelets, Jewelry, My DIYs

Tags: bangle, CC Skye, gluing, spikes

20 Comments on DIY Spike-End Bangles: 3 Ways

1. truebluemeandyou
    2.12.2013 at 9:25 pm (2 years ago)

I love these bangles and how easy they are to make – especially the single spike bangle. I’ve posted two finished photos of the bangles on my site and a link back to you on my blog.

2.13.2013 at 6:30 am (2 years ago)

Thank you truebluemeandyou! I appreciate the share:-)

2. Tanya
    2.12.2013 at 11:56 pm (2 years ago)

These look great, I love the silver ones.

3. Sabine
    2.13.2013 at 4:37 am (2 years ago)

Love these! I have to find out if I can get the materials in German craftstores, too.
    Sabine recently posted..Projects: Fabric Flowers

4. Anita
    2.13.2013 at 6:52 am (2 years ago)

Cute! Great tutorial, I’ve also noticed these all over the web & now I know how to pull it off. Thanks :)

2.13.2013 at 8:11 am (2 years ago)

Thank you, Lia! I appreciate the kind words:-)

5. Oby@Fashion.Art.Craft-Etc
    2.13.2013 at 9:05 am (2 years ago)

I love this! What a great and relatively easy D.I.Y project! The rhinestones add a very nice touch! Well done!

2.13.2013 at 11:43 am (2 years ago)

Thank you Oby! Now I’m off to check out your site since I love the name!

6. Nury
    2.13.2013 at 9:24 am (2 years ago)

Very cool! I would love a pair like that in silver :)
    Thank you for the tutorial.

7. Kristine
    2.14.2013 at 7:45 am (2 years ago)

These are awesome! Thanks so much for the tutorial! I think even with my limited crafty skills I’ll be able to pull these off!

2.14.2013 at 8:45 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you, Kristine! I think ANYONE can pull these off; they’re so simple. Just using a good strong glue is the key!;-)

8. elspain
    3.04.2013 at 5:46 am (2 years ago)

great ideas love the photos and the way they show the products
    well done

9. kate
    3.05.2013 at 9:37 am (2 years ago)

very impressive!! I love them so much I’ll have to make some myself. Look amazing with your watch too

10. SASmith (@web_shopaholic)
    3.14.2013 at 12:59 am (2 years ago)

Hi carlyjcais, you are a genius! I love the edgy-classic look of your bangles (made me think of Alexander McQueen in a sort of way). I am a jewelry designer and I can’t find anything wrong or anything to improve on these sexy pieces! I learned how to make jewelry by attending classes by Dragonfly Designs (http://www.jewelrybydfly.com)in South San Francisco. I am hoping with your diy help and their training, I can be a real Entrepreneur. Thanks a lot!

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on DIY Spike-End Bangles: 3 Ways

1. OilCoolant.com
    2.23.2013 at 6:42 pm (2 years ago)

[...] DIY  Spike Tipped Bangles Done Three Ways Tutorials from Chic Steals here. This is a totally doable DIY and these bracelets (without the spikes) are available at Michaels and at craft stores.  [...]

2. 4.19.13 Outfit: Graphic Black and White | Chic Steals
    4.21.2013 at 8:24 pm (1 year ago)

[...] in Black/White: Nine West, c/o GigaSavvy. Leather collar blouse: DIY (similar here). Bracelets: DIY Spike-End Bangle, DIY stretchy beaded bracelet. Striped Tote: freebie with Sephora purchase (similar here). Black [...]