Around this time of year we all want our homes to be festive and bright; our holiday table filled with cheer. These DIY glimmering, glittery Christmas napkins adorned with ornaments and made with Tulip Shimmer Sheets can help serve up a wonderful meal as a sparkling accessory. Plus, once the cutting’s done, application is a cinch! Here’s how to make your own:
Tulip Shimmer Sheets in red glitter and metallic gold / printed ornament pattern / cotton napkins
Tools: pen / scissors / decorative-edge scissors (I used zigzag and scallop-edge) / tiny hole punch / iron & ironing board / pressing cloth
1. Print out the shapes you want to trace around. I’ve made the ornament shapes I used into a downloadable PDF, available here. Cut out around the shapes.
2. Trace around the shapes with pen onto the back of the shimmer sheets. For the lines going through the middle, I just drew a small line outside the shape, and sketched in an approximate location where the lines went through the centers of the shapes.
3. Cut the shimmer sheets with scissors. They are soft and pliable, like foil with a plastic backing. Use decorative scissors to cut along the lines in the center of the ornaments. Also use the hole punch to add a lacy decorative effect along the lines.
4. Switch the center bands of each color ornament for visual interest.
5. Iron a napkin flat. Place the shimmer sheet pieces onto the napkin, and line up how you like (I left a small amount of space between my colored band and the ornament edges).
6. Cover with a pressing cloth, and press about 40 seconds with an iron heated to the appropriate temperature for the fabric.
7. Allow to cool, and peel back the pressing cloth.
8. Repeat as much as needed to make a full coordinating set of party napkins! (Wash on delicate cycle when it comes time to launder.)
Hope your holiday table is a lovely fest of family, food, and fabulousness.;-)
See what other bloggers made in this Tulip Shimmer Campaign:
For more great DIY ideas for fashion and decor, also check out:
Tulip Shimmer Online / Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest
FTC Disclosure: I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with Blueprint Social and Tulip. The opinions above are my own. To read my Disclosure Policy, click here.
Filed in: DIY, Home Decor, My DIYs, Press Releases
Tags: napkins, Tulip