Recent DIY Projects

I’ve been so busy lately I’ve been neglecting to share things that I’ve made.  Here are a couple items that I’ve finished up and am enjoying:

Galaxy-Print Scrunchie

Make following this tutorial from some leftover self-designed galaxy-print fabric scraps.  I’m making a top with the fabric and since the tiny amount I bought was so goshdarn expesnive, I didn’t want to let any part of it go to waste.  The fabric is silk, backed in black mesh chiffon.  I should have made it twice as wide, but I only had so many scraps leftover.  It tends to slip out of my hair since it’s silk, so I wear it around a hair-tie.

Tribal Necklace

Made with faux bamboo-stick beads and faux coral beads from Michael’s.  I love the spiky organic-ness to it.

Bohemian Leaf Head-band (Head-dress?)

I’m not really a boho gal, but I couldn’t resist crafting this.  Take any flat-ish jewely finding that has a hole in either end, and string them together with jumprings to make an adornment for your brow.  The leaf findings I used only had one hole, so I drilled another one in the end of each piece.  Which took a $%##% long time, too.

Feather Earrings

Made in the style of Owlita.  (Theirs are much nicer, though!)  I just wired together some feathers and added a handmade ear-wire to them.  I love how they mingle in with my hair.

Have you made any projects recently that you’re dying to show off?  Do tell!

xoxox

~If you liked this post, please share it!~

18 Comments on Recent DIY Projects

5.27.2011 at 7:20 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Tali – you are so sweet!:-)

1. Lindsay
    5.26.2011 at 12:01 pm (4 years ago)

WOW!! You have been busy!! These all all beautiful projects you made. I LOVE the feather earrings..those are something I would definitely buy..VERY cool.

XO
    Delighted Momma

5.27.2011 at 7:21 pm (4 years ago)

LOL Lindsay you just made my day!:-D *blushes*

2. Evelin
    5.26.2011 at 12:34 pm (4 years ago)

The tribal necklace is so stunningly bright and straightforward – the red beads really add an edge to it!

Also love the feather earrings – what a biig lovely bundle :) I’ve got some feathers stashed away to make something similar for the summer myself.

3. Nury
    5.26.2011 at 1:11 pm (4 years ago)

Wow! those are amazing DIY’s! I love everything, the tribal necklace is so gorgeous with the bright colors you used.

You are gorgeous and your skin is so glowy and pretty :)

4. donatella
    5.26.2011 at 1:53 pm (4 years ago)

beautiful print on the silk fabric, can’t wait to see the top! also like the necklace, as i’m a coral junkie. also like the feathers. well, i like them all!! :)
    donatella recently posted..rope &amp silver

5. Alisha
    5.27.2011 at 6:05 pm (4 years ago)

Love the top you are wearing with the boho head-band. Is it a DIY! Do you have better pics.

Alisha

6. Keis
    6.07.2011 at 6:30 pm (4 years ago)

Lovely work. But what exactly makes the necklace “tribal”? Thanks.

6.08.2011 at 11:12 am (4 years ago)

It just seemed to fit the “tribal” moniker since it’s shaped like a collar, spiky, and uses beads that look organic and natural (as opposed to cast and precise). I didn’t mean anything by it.:-)

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Recent DIY Projects

1. […] course the test swatches are too small to do much with; maybe I’ll make little purses or scrunchies with them.  They were more to just see colors and make sure the repeat was […]