The Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday trifecta has snuck up once again this year (how did that happen??!) and I’ve made a large shopping list for all my holiday giving. Just like last year, I’m taking advantage of some major steals going on this weekend. Here are some things I have my eye on:
1 // 2 // 3 // 4
<30% off everything with code TGIBF (until Sunday 11/30)>
1 // 2 // 3 // 4
<Currently having sale up to 70% off>
1 // 2 // 3 // 4
<10% off everything with code FCKBLKFRI (and higher discounts for more purchases + free shipping – check their homepage for details!)>
1 // 2 // 3 // 4
<40% off select items, starting Black Friday, with free shipping. 15% off orders of $75 or more with code 1575>
1 // 2 // 3 // 4
<Up to 90% off select items>
Of course, you could celebrate Black Friday as Buy Nothing Day instead…and just make something awesome. Start with my 200+ DIY tutorials for ideas!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone – and enjoy the deal-filled weekend!
Deals & Giveaways, Shopping
Black Friday, online shopping, Wishlist Items
Now with the holiday season nigh, the air is filled with rich, cozy scents reminiscent of home, family, and years past. Glade has come up with a Limited Edition Winter Collection of fragrances, encapsulating all that is wonderful about the season, including one of my favorites, Sparkling Spruce. (more…)
Holidays, Home Decor, My DIYs, Press Releases
Christmas, home decor, My DIY Tutorials, ornaments
I LOVE sparkly, glittery, shimmery sequined items (just look at my logo, for goodness’ sakes!) and I love to incorporate them into my wardrobe for daywear and in unusual ways. Check out these style mavens and how they bring out the sequin bling in their everyday outfits: (more…)
sequins, Street Style, trends
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. To read my full Disclosure Policy, click here.
‘Tis the season to shop (and save!) and ModCloth has you covered with extensive Gift Guides for everyone in the fam. Which one appeals to my bargain-hunting, penny-pinching self the most? That would be their Gifts Under $20 Guide, and here are a couple of my favorite picks therein:
1. There’s a Map for That Necklace in Gold, $19.99. How unique is this beautiful necklace of the world?
2. I Could Pee on This and Other Poems by Cats, $12.99. For every cat-lover, there’s also a long-silent sufferer of feline whims. Delve into the mind of your furry companion with this cute book.
3. Grab a Bite Socks, $9.99. Kitschy, cute, and fun (love the little fins sticking out). Take the bite out of frostbite with these footwarmers.
4. Open Air Outing Circle Scarf in Black, $14.99 (25% off!). I’m in the market for a new neutral scarf, and this ribbed black one looks chic and understated enough for work.
5. All That Shimmers iPhone 5 Case, $14.99. Bring on the bling in this glitter-motif iPhone case (without leaving a train of DIY glitter behind you).
6. My Pet Octopus Hairclip, $9.99. You caught me: I have a secret thing for octopuses. (Of any genus, hence octopuses.) This hairclip would be perfect for my weird penchant, but not quite as high-maintenance as owning an actual octopus as a pet. Which some might consider cruel due to how shy and intelligent the octopus is.
7. Why You’re So Awesome Book, $11.99. Why you totally are! LOVE this fill-in-the-blank book to give to your favorite someone. Heartfelt – but not in an icky way.
8. No Conquest Ring in Silver, $12.99. I have this ring. I adore it – I get compliments every time I wear it! Very Game of Thrones meets Robert Lee Morris.
9. Galaxy You Later Night Light, $7.99. This night light is just gorgeous, and is kind of reminiscent of the Sparkle Star Galaxy Fabric I designed for Spoonflower. (Extra points for sewing up some coordinating pillows, covering a lampshade, or even making a comforter cover out of that fabric for a full-on Galaxy-themed room!)
Happy Shopping (and mega-saving)!
Christmas, Modcloth, online shopping, Wishlist Items
Funnily enough, every day I actually am pretty dressed up since I have to work in the mornings at Studio 3. (more…)
Welcome to another installment of Chic for the Week
, where I share a couple shopping picks that have been on my mind lately.
Hope everyone survived (and enjoyed…?) Halloween! Now with Thanksgiving just around the corner, I’m thinking of warm Fall hues of red and brown, and a little bit dressy of an outfit for a special holiday gathering with family and friends. Here are a few things with which I’d like to pad my closet:
1. It’s now sweater weather, and this retro-style Warehouse 60’s V-Block Sweater is tennis-with-the-girls-meets-prep-with-a-twist. Wear with a pair of slim blue jeans tucked into brown boots and a camel-colored coat for the perfect Fall outfit.
2. These look like a lower-priced Valentino to me, but a pair of these Wild Diva Lounge Adora 55 Red Studded T-Strap Pointed Heels will add a dose of sophistication and edge to your T-day ensemble. (Plus they do double-duty with a prim sheath dress for work, or with a bodycon dress for a night on the town.)
3. This Red Jacquard Skater Skirt would look holiday festive with the proper pair of tights, or be the standalone star of a sparkly party outfit.
4. This Critter-cal Mass Bag in Fox is the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen! Of course you could opt for a plain foldover clutch to complete the outfit – but why not go for this sweet little critter as a foil to those super-sexy shoes?
Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
Chic For the Week, Wishlist Items
The coming Winter chills mean layering is a must in colder climbs – and Modcloth has you covered when it comes to cute (and sophisticated!) layers. Inspired by the unrelenting recent Portland rains, I put together a Polyvore board featuring items from Modcloth that you can layer together to bundle up against the weather and still look fantastic.
Pairing mustard and burgundy looks high-end and polished for work, and pops of navy and blue make it fun. Add a bit of pattern for interest (polka dots) – pair with a lightweight Summer lace dress (for versatility and texture), and pop on a pair of mustard tights to tie the whole look together. Burgundy accessories complete the look – and, if it’s extremely frigid, you can add a soft cardigan underneath, and a jaunty beret and short wool gloves to keep even warmer.
This look works on a variety of body types and ages – just add an umbrella if you live in the Pacific Northwest.
See Modcloth’s other great cardigan selections and outerwear to complete your Fall layering looks!
Stay warm this season!
Fall Fashion, Modcloth, Wishlist Items
I’m a budget-shopper, you’re a budget shopper. But no one wants to actually look like they’re wearing a $4.99 blazer, no? They key to looking well-dressed is making sure you’re choosing excellent items for their value, that you can spice up with a bit of budget-friendly DIY prowess. Here are 7 ways you can look like a million bucks on a budget (even if you only spent $20!): (more…)
advice, how to tell quality, Street Style